Do you ever feel like you are having one of those days where nothing seems to be going right? If your Stukent simulation doesn’t seem to be running correctly, this might seem like one of those days. But don’t worry! We are here to help you.
The following article contains useful tips and pointers that may help you get back on track. We’ll go through Mimic Pro, and Mimic Social, then simulations that require video uploading, and finally general tips across all simulations.
SO WHY ISN’T YOUR SIMULATION RUNNING?
This could be caused by a multitude of reasons, from ad blockers to internet connection issues, or missing information that is needed in order to complete your current round. Let’s take a look!
One of the most common reasons we see is when required information has not been entered in the round. For example, here are a couple of common reasons why MIMIC PRO may not be running:
- A user has failed to reply to all messages within the NOTIFICATIONS HUB.
- Landing pages are not optimized. THE CIRCLE MUST SHOW A GREEN CHECK MARK TO BE COMPLETE.
- Another big reason Mimic Pro may not run is because you have keywords not associated with ad groups, or ad groups not associated with campaigns. In the below example we can see there are keywords not associated with an ad group or campaign. Ensure your keywords or ad groups are linked to corresponding campaigns.
If you have double checked all of the information you have inputted, and believe you have everything complete, use the troubleshooting steps in this link to possibly resolve the issue.
There may come a time when you find yourself in Mimic Social and you run into error messages that keep you from moving forward in the simulation. The most consistent issue you may run into with Mimic Social is the message below:
- This error message, as shown below, is generally due to a poor or unstable internet connection. Please check your internet connection, or use a different network if possible.
- You will also want to ensure that all pertinent information is filled out for your posts. For example, make sure you have an audience selected for your paid social posts, or that you have selected a call to action.
If you believe you have filled out all pertinent information, and are still unable to schedule your post, cancel the post you are currently working on and try creating a new one.
- One final check would be to make sure you have answered all messages in your NOTIFICATIONS HUB.
If all else fails, refer to this link for troubleshooting steps that may help you resolve your issue and move forward in the simulation.
Mimic Professional Selling, Mimic Crisis Communication, or any Simulation Requiring a Video Upload
Smile for the camera! Certain simulations will require you to create and upload videos in order to complete your round.
You must allow the use of both your microphone and camera in order to successfully record a video.
If your video fails to upload, there are several steps you can take.
- Ensure you have a strong internet connection
- Clear the cookies and cache on your browser
- Try a different web browser
- Use an incognito/private window
This link will help you through these steps if necessary. If the troubleshooting steps fail to work, please try using a different device to complete the action.
All Simulation Tips
There are certain parts of the Stukent simulations that are near constant throughout the entire line of simulations. These are some things to watch out for in almost any simulation you may be using. Let’s take a look.
- Most segments of the simulations have a circle that will need to be checked off in order to move forward. A green check mark indicates that the segment is complete. If you see this and the circle is not checked off, this means you still have information to input.
- This will be similar in any NOTIFICATIONS HUB messages.
- THE TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS FOUND IN THE FOLLOWING LINK WILL ALLEVIATE YOUR ISSUES IN MOST CASES: Basic Troubleshooting
If you think you need a round reset in your simulation, follow this reminder information for this process.
Your instructor has the ability to reset your simulation round if their syllabus approves of it. We are also able to provide a round reset, but we require written instructor permission.If you would like to request a round reset through the Stukent VTA, please email us and CC your instructor on the request.
When all Else Fails...
When all else fails, or if you just feel like making some friendly conversation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call at 1-855-788-5368.
We are here to help!